By Richard Brody
After, over four decades, of personal involvement, in, nearly everything, related to effectively, leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, I strongly, believe, while, many seek and hold, positions of leadership, only, a far - smaller, percentage, of these individuals, actually, become true leaders! Although, there are many variables, and necessities, involved, in this process, etc, unless/ until, someone proceeds, with the utmost degree of genuine, vibrant, vital VISION, it is impossible, to be a meaningful leader! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters, to such a large extent.
1. Vital; vibrant; value; values: Although, we often, hear someone, describe, someone, or something, as being, visionary, what does that really, mean and represent? One's vision, will, only, make a difference, for the better, when it is vital (creating, significant enthusiasm, and inspiring and motivating others, significantly), and vibrant (brings life, and vitality, to the group, and its stakeholders)! A true leader must, clearly, every - day, demonstrate and prove, he is a person, of - value, and whose, values, align with the organization's mission, heritage, etc!
2. Integrity; insights; imagination; innovate; ideas; ideals; ideology: One's integrity must be absolute, or it rarely, makes a difference, for the better! We need leaders, with well - considered, insights, based on a combination of a positive, can - do, attitude, and well - developed, relevant aptitude, and skill - set! To do so, the person must have an open - minded, imagination, and the courage to innovate, and introduce meaningful ideas, based on the specific group's ideals, and ideology!
3. Strengths; stronger; system; solutions; sustainable: How one uses his personal, as well as his group's strengths (while addressing areas of weakness), either makes the organization, stronger, or not! It is incumbent - upon, these individuals, to perceive and conceive of, create, and implement a system, which focuses on viable solutions, in a relevant, sustainable manner!
4. Intents; important: One must have the knowledge, and understanding, to differentiate, between important things, and the rest! Only, when someone, proceeds, with quality intents, and intentions, emphasising the greater good, and seeking a meeting - of - the - minds, will he begin to earn the right to be considered, a leader!
5. Options; opportunities; opts; open - minded: Open - minded leadership comes from considering a variety of options, and alternatives, and taking advantage of the finest opportunities! How one opts, to proceed, and whether, he does so, in an open - minded, way, differentiates quality leaders, from the rest - of - the - pack!
6. Needs; nerve: One must prioritize true needs, and have the nerve, to proactively, proceed, forward, in the best way, is essential, to becoming a real leader!
Unless, one proceeds, with a well - considered, vital, vibrant, VISION, he probably, shouldn't become a leader! Are you up to the tasks?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles.
His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Danny Partida is the creator and host of